Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to MUshuusei. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Hello, the forum is now in read only mode and will not open back up in the foreseeable future. We have a new site and forum so we decided to just leave this one open for people to view, if a member. You still have to register to access anything, and you are still required to activate by email, but there is no longer any other requirement to view anything on the board.

Join our community!
Once you're registered, you can view all sections and all posts. All members are restricted to viewing only now.

Please register at our new forum to access new posts and content.

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
PMG Editor guide; Corrected and easier!
Topic Started: May 6 2009, 07:09 PM (6,422 Views)
Rafro
Member Avatar
who have Rank 1 Rock Throwing action
[ *  *  *  * ]
So well heres the new corrected version of the PMG Editor guide I found on Yydzh. Credit goes to the original author of the japanese guide, to Google Translation (For the 1st translations) and to the makers of PMG Editor and to the translators of the english version.

Just follow the steps and it should be pretty good to start you up with the PMG Editor:
1. Instal JRE1.5(Java Runtime Environment) form the official website: http://www.java.com/zh_CN/

2. Download the PMG Editor...duh!

3. Open the folder named Dlls and copy the .dll files in WINDOWS>system32

4. Run the PMG Editor. Double click either run.bat or run2.bat and wait for the program to open up. It may take several secondes.
*Sometime when its the first time you open the PMG Editor, you might need to click run.bat then run2.bat to make the program run.

Now that you can run the editor, lets explain the contents:

All 3D character whatever the game, are divided in 3 parts: bones, models and animations.

Bones are the .frm files you can find in your Mabinogi datas. they are the main component of a character.
Models are the .pmg files and clearly the meshes, its the visual part of the set.
Animations are the .ani files and like their name, they are animations(Attacks, stand, walk, run, etc.)

Now to start editing something:
1. You first go in File tab and open the .frm corresponding to the thing you want to edit by clicking Load(.frm). (eg: Human Male Clothes/Transformations/Body: male_framework.frm(Elves and humans frameworks are compatible))

2. Go in File once again and open the desire PMG by clicking on Edit(.pmg). Its gonna load up the meshe/s.

3.(Not a must) If you want you cant upload animations by clicking Load(.ani) in the File tab. The animation need to be compatible with the Bones. Elves and humans animation/bones are compatible. you can load an animation to make sure the mesh dont enter in conflict with the animations.

For saving your project: Click either Save(.frm) to save the framework(If it has been modified) Click Save(.pmg) for...well you got the idea.

You can import or export content from/to 3ds, Click Import(.3ds) or Export(.3ds).

Export .x files: Export x. mesh format into a document, can be used MeshViewer Show ..

Now the editing actions:

Hide: Hide selected part/s
Unhide: Unhide selected part/s
Hide Others: In addition to components selected, all the other hidden
Show All: Unhide all the hidden parts
Delete: Delete selected part/s.
Copy components: Copy selected part/s, the part/s will be copied on the end.
Move Up / Down: change the order of selected part/s, incorrect order of some parts may not show the need for manual adjustments. (shortcut U / D)

And, beside of that I think you guys can figure the rest alone.

The original guide: http://www.yydzh.com/read.php?tid=382345

I'll post some pictures if I see the need.
Edited by Rafro, Aug 12 2009, 04:40 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Puddles
Member Avatar
Central Guardener
[ *  *  *  * ]
... Which PMG Editor is this for?

Rafro
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
every o.o english and chinese pmg editor are the same ( I just nede to find the enlgish one ^^;;)

james534
Qilla's Quester
[ * ]
uh i cant even open the editor, i downloaded java, put the ddl folder on system 32, and ran both run and run2, now what?

jazneo
Member Avatar
Lone Wolf
[ *  *  *  * ]
james534
May 17 2009, 06:33 PM
uh i cant even open the editor, i downloaded java, put the ddl folder on system 32, and ran both run and run2, now what?
you need to extact the dll out folder and put the dll in system32 file not the folder XD

james534
Qilla's Quester
[ * ]
jazneo
May 28 2009, 01:13 AM
james534
May 17 2009, 06:33 PM
you need to extact the dll out folder and put the dll in system32 file not the folder XD
i put ddl filder in system32, but still dont even have a client to open

facebrain
Member Avatar
Aardvark Annihilator
[ * ]
What I want to know is - how do I import parts?
I mean I know HOW, but no matter what I do, when I save the resulting composite PMG, anything I imported as a part is missing from the model when I go to use it in mabi. How do I fix this?

Rafro
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Have'nt really used PMG Editor and have'nt worked on a mod or played Mabi in a long time... So hum I'd say you need to connect every part to another... ^^;;

Ruthless
Early Explorer
[ * ]
my question for this is how do you change up another pmg like a tree i have a mod that turns the trees in rano into stumps creating less lag but i would like to have it for courcle too, ic an make the trees there invisable but it means i can't see where im going when im on a horse or something

Leisure
Early Explorer
[ * ]
Where is the Dll.rar? o.o

Rafro
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Leisure
Aug 8 2009, 04:50 PM
Where is the Dll.rar? o.o
The DLL.rar is just the folder named DLL with 4-5 .dll files that you copy to system32

midboss
Early Explorer
[ * ]
oh wow i been looking for pmg editor a good one lol thank a bunch

Puddles
Member Avatar
Central Guardener
[ *  *  *  * ]
facebrain
Jun 29 2009, 09:59 PM
I mean I know HOW, but no matter what I do, when I save the resulting composite PMG, anything I imported as a part is missing from the model when I go to use it in mabi. How do I fix this?
Simply because this is important and Rafro doesn't seem to know... When you're importing just a few parts, you can import the part, correct its number order in the window at the bottom right, and side-click it. Choose the "Up (?)" button and click it until the part's name disappears from the list and save. The PMG Editor's visual will now crash, so you'll need to restart, but it SHOULD appear in-game. If it doesn't appear, that means the part generally isn't compatible with the .frm or mesh.

Rafro
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
Puddles
Aug 22 2009, 06:38 PM
facebrain
Jun 29 2009, 09:59 PM
Simply because this is important and Rafro doesn't seem to know... When you're importing just a few parts, you can import the part, correct its number order in the window at the bottom right, and side-click it. Choose the "Up (?)" button and click it until the part's name disappears from the list and save. The PMG Editor's visual will now crash, so you'll need to restart, but it SHOULD appear in-game. If it doesn't appear, that means the part generally isn't compatible with the .frm or mesh.
:O I know that xD

shelwyn
Early Explorer
[ * ]
Where is the link supposed to go?
It just takes me to a java download, It downloads Java not the program you where talking about :x

Puddles
Member Avatar
Central Guardener
[ *  *  *  * ]
The recoder of the PMG Editor asked that his work not be hosted here after an incident, go find another site that didn't adhere to his request. :P It's on Lemu and Mabimods.

Kaitar
Member Avatar
Desert Dragon Destroyer
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
*coughcough Dkar*

jayrodxd
Early Explorer
[ * ]
where can i get pmg editor?

Rafro
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
jayrodxd
Sep 4 2009, 06:57 AM
Sorry, but that gonna sound harsh: Are you freaking blind? Read the freaking posts before posting, dont need to be a pro to do that geez... Just a freaking brain and atleast one freaking eye! Have some logic, its not like if the awnser was said in like 20 threads all over forum and like 2 times in this thread...

Too bad you were the noob that was of too much...

Akeno
Member Avatar
the Aspiring Film Maker
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Rafro
Sep 4 2009, 05:00 PM
jayrodxd
Sep 4 2009, 06:57 AM
Sorry, but that gonna sound harsh: Are you freaking blind? Read the freaking posts before posting, dont need to be a pro to do that geez... Just a freaking brain and atleast one freaking eye! Have some logic, its not like if the awnser was said in like 20 threads all over forum and like 2 times in this thread...

Too bad you were the noob that was of too much...
actually I think his question is reasonable if he doesn't go on the forum much. It took me a while to find the pmg editor. I had to look at a guide for metaseq:3 kinda harsh dontcha think?
isn't this just a pmg viewer? you can't really edit anything like the model or animation or maybe I'm looking at the wrong thread?
Edited by Akeno, Sep 7 2009, 03:56 PM.

FFVIISephy
Member Avatar
Qilla's Quester
[ * ]
Alright, i read through the whole thread, but due to some broken english in the 3rd or 4th post, I can't really confirm what I'm thinking.

You put the .dll FILES not FOLDER into the System32 folder right?
Edited by FFVIISephy, Sep 15 2009, 04:20 PM.

dbzfanatic
Member Avatar
modder-in-training
[ * ]
Correct, If you need to that is. It may start without needing to. I personally had no trouble understanding this guide and you have been asking a lot of questions. I understand you're new to this, so am I, but if you're having this much trouble with every step maybe modding isn't for you.

Akeno
Member Avatar
the Aspiring Film Maker
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
hey is there a way to rotate the models at on axis? when I rotate them they completely move around. Is there a flipping option like that?

Archie
Member Avatar
HS slayer at 15/noob helper
[ *  *  *  * ]
@ akenoaurilite nope, you just kind of have to keep rotating and sliding it. lol. at least if there is, i havent found it also. however, i mainly use meta soo....

Romin
Member Avatar
Qilla's Quester
[ * ]
can u tell me where the link is?

Noonehere
Insignificant, like the wind
[ * ]
akenoaurilite
Oct 3 2009, 09:04 PM
hey is there a way to rotate the models at on axis? when I rotate them they completely move around. Is there a flipping option like that?
No, you can't rotate on the axis.
Instead you can rotate the model (zoom out if you think you're going to lose it) and move the model back to the frame, or where ever you want it to be.

jack13
Qilla's Quester
[ * ]
can someone give me the link to the PMG Editor?e.o; im having a hard time trying to find it.

Rittz
Member Avatar
the one called kawaii at age 10, for literally
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I don't understand if "PMG Editor" is hard to understand or not but, the title of the thread in the modding section kind of gives it away.

jack13
Qilla's Quester
[ * ]
sorry im a noob with comptuers so theres alot i dont understand but ty. ._.;

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Guides for Modification · Next Topic »
Add Reply