Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to MUshuusei. We hope you enjoy your visit.

Hello, the forum is now in read only mode and will not open back up in the foreseeable future. We have a new site and forum so we decided to just leave this one open for people to view, if a member. You still have to register to access anything, and you are still required to activate by email, but there is no longer any other requirement to view anything on the board.

Join our community!
Once you're registered, you can view all sections and all posts. All members are restricted to viewing only now.

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
[Guide]Animation editting; Animation..Editting.
Topic Started: Aug 7 2010, 05:49 PM (2,750 Views)
Cross
Member Avatar
The Offical Unoffical Tech Support....Person
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
First let me say, Sorry for the delay of release.
Second youtube...killed the quality of the video so please excuse that.
The file I uploaded to youtube was a HD 1080-24p (1920x1080, 23.976 fps) video with 32 bit floating point (full range) pixel format.
Youtube striped the video down to an 8 bit pixel format with 640 x 480, and 30 fps(causing a delay in the feed of the video's frames and decreasing the quality dramatically due to the change in size and pixel formating as well as the pixel ratio change of 1.3333333333333..... to 1.0)
I'm going to try reuploading it tomarrow morning and see if I get a different result with the quality.
but until then please consider the before mentioned condition of the video.
Third I made the guide to set a path and not tell you every little step. To in essence, make it more complicated while still telling you what to do.
I did this as to keep the stupid people who can't use their brain and having a "guide for dumbies." I might make a more step by step guide at a later date.
Another reason for supplying less information is to reduce the amount of pervy, for lack of better words, animations that would appear otherwise.

but without further adue, [utube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcf2Hz77clU[/utube]

Edit I should probably note that the program used is autodesk 3ds max 2010
Edited by Cross, Aug 7 2010, 06:54 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kaitar
Member Avatar
Desert Dragon Destroyer
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Food for thought: Type up a text version?

Cyan002
Member Avatar
Early Explorer
[ * ]
with screenshots to guides along

Akeno
Member Avatar
the Aspiring Film Maker
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
not really related to the thread but does video quality really matter that much for the guide?

Cross
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Akeno: the video quality In a sense does matter. With better quality you can see what I do a little better.

Cyan: video > screenshot. If it's hard to follow a video what do you think screenshots will be like.

Kaitar: as I stated after my short speach about video quality I made it a video guide so I could make it complex to avoid certain..problems. I know people who figure it out will go ahead and do it anyway but it still reduces the amount. As I also said I might release a step by guide at a later time. And that guide might be exclusive to one site or another depending on maturty levels I see from this guide.

Noonehere
Insignificant, like the wind
[ * ]
Thank you very much for the guide :D (Though I would've preferred a text version)
Now for some animating fun X3
Edited by Noonehere, Aug 8 2010, 06:14 PM.

Akeno
Member Avatar
the Aspiring Film Maker
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
talking during the video guide helps too (like narrating instructions and what not). This is just my preference though

Cross
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Akeno
Aug 8 2010, 07:19 PM
talking during the video guide helps too (like narrating instructions and what not). This is just my preference though
I might do that in the step by step guide I'm releasing in the next month or 2, This guide was basically to get people started and check which sites deserve a fuller, for lack or better terms, guide. MM is losing due to the lack of being able to read the post I made and lack of intelligence from multiple posters on the topic.
So far MU is a deserving subject for the full length guide.
and ML I have no idea about ML...ML has like 4 members. >_>

Kaitar
Member Avatar
Desert Dragon Destroyer
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I've never heard of ML o_o

ComplicatioN
Member Avatar
Broken Barriers
[ *  *  *  * ]
Kaitar
Aug 8 2010, 07:31 PM
Exactly what i was thinking o_o
Mabileague?

Haloya
Member Avatar
Heartless Angel
[ *  * ]
I lost you at 3:34 since you fast fowarded it and did all all that bar clicking stuffs and I have no idea what you're doing ><

Cross
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
ComplicatioN
Aug 8 2010, 10:58 PM
Kaitar
Aug 8 2010, 07:31 PM
Exactly what i was thinking o_o
Mabileague?
ML = modding library
It's a site I'm currently an admin of, helping the other 2 get it up and running. My next step is to finish the new FTP server so they can have a downloads/uploads page.

and to Haloya: From 3:34 to 4:10 I didn't even mess with the bar, an from 3:34 to (about) 4:10 there was no fast forwarding o-o;;, at 3:34 I was still editing the joints for the animation.

With the bar clicking stuff at about 4:10 I was changing the speed at which the animation happened. I was moving the keys so to change when, and how fast, the animation too place.
Edited by Cross, Aug 9 2010, 05:00 AM.

Noonehere
[ * ]
I'm wondering, how do you move the viewers instead of rotate them on 3DS Max? Like when trying to edit a run .ani, it runs off the screen and I can't see it unless I zoom out a lot. Is there a way to move it instead? ^^;

Cross
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hold down the middle mouse button and drag.

Haloya
Member Avatar
Heartless Angel
[ *  * ]
Yeah you were, you where doing some right-clicking and such then pressing all the stuff on the boxes and gah D:

Noonehere
[ * ]
Cross
Aug 9 2010, 09:49 AM
Hold down the middle mouse button and drag.
Thank you~!

CornToast
Member Avatar
The One with a Cup of care \_/, Oh look, its empty
[ * ]
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE,
<3 Cross so much!
Ive been waiting for this, even if i haven't been on in a while lol.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Guides for Modification · Next Topic »
Add Reply